Friday, May 16, 2008

First Post!!! (Finally....) :-)

First Post... Wow! I'm finally blogging! (Anna, you can now finally quit bugging me about it... ;-)  I've been threatening to start this for some time now, but never was motivated enough to make that first entry...  Until today.   Why? you may ask...    Well, two reasons.  1. I had a fun random photo to post, and 2. my Summer Intern Sarah started her internship today and we decided to both start blogs.  :-)

With the exception of a new intern, Today was any ordinary day at the Sidney Daily News.  I started with thinking I had absolutely no assignments, and by 9:30 am I had calls and txt messages informing me I had something at JVS 10:30, a cute kid thing at 1:30, and a long 2-hour awards program at 7pm.  Throw in a random building shot, and a softball and a baseball game at 5pm (at two different schools) and it turned out to be a fairly normal busy day.

As for my fun random photo...  This was taken while at my 1:30 assignment. Sarah and I had photographed kids participating in an Olympic themed festival at a local pre-school for about a half an hour before the kids had to go back to their classrooms before "closing ceremonies".  We headed to the office to ID some photos and while I stayed behind to finish getting the info, I sent Sarah back down to the gym to see if there would be anything else interesting to shoot.  Well, I missed the entire closing ceremony, but afterward, one of the classes stayed behind to take group photos with the flowers they made.  The next thing that followed was a cute kid overload. :-)   I grabbed my long lens and began shooting from across the room.  After getting my feature for the day, I snapped this image as the kids were leaving the gym...  and I liked it.  :-)

2 comments:

Sarah A. Miller said...

hey Erin! congrats on your first blog post!

sarah

Anna Norris said...

FINALLY A POST! After I get 100 posts in after starting my blog last August, you get your first one. Congrats!

Love the photo! The girl is cute! Makes me kind a miss being able to photograph kids. But, I think once June comes, our ban will be lifted. If not, I'll lift it myself. lol